The Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park was the first and largest military park in the United States. The park was officially dedicated in September 1895. The Louisiana Commission (or Committee) created the images in the Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park collection after the Louisiana and National Commissioners established the official points of interest. The Park contains approximately 8,190 acres of land divided among several areas in Tennessee and Georgia. The collection contains twenty-nine (29) albumen photoprints of the grounds of the Park, taken circa 1894. There are eight (8) photographs from Missionary Ridge (Tenn. and Ga.) and twenty-one (21) photographs from Chickamauga (Ga.). The physical collection can be viewed at Louisiana State University's Hill Memorial Library.